REGISTRATION: The registration table will be located at the entrance to the Recreation Center. We will need signed permission slips and health information forms for each participant releasing Lock Haven University from all liabilities. These forms should be handed in by team contact person before the start of the event. We will only need proof of membership for any roster change made on site. Additional coaches must show their up-to-date Background Screening Certification. Please register at least one hour before your first game. The building will officially open at 6:45 am.
2. ADMISSION FEE: There is a $3.00 admission fee for spectators to help with the rental cost of the facility.
3. PARKING: Please park in the lot directly in front of the Recreation Building located on Railroad Drive. Parking is free!
4. SCHEDULE: I have attached a copy of the tournament schedule. There are 16 teams in the tournament. The tournament format will consist of four pools with four teams in each pool. The teams assigned to each pool will be determined by USA Field Hockey. Finalized schedules will be sent to hosts no later than two weeks before the start of the NITQ. I will notify all teams of their pool assignment as soon as I am contacted by USA Field Hockey with the information. The tournament will start at 8:00 am and finish by 6:00 pm.
5. NIT QUALIFICATION: There are currently 16 teams in the tournament and 8 teams will qualify for the National Indoor Tournament. Teams that qualify will receive a packet from USA Field Hockey with information on how to register for NITs and information on accommodations. There will be no lottery or wildcard spots this year.
6. MEMBERSHIPS: All players and coaches must have current USA Field Hockey memberships the day of the qualifier. Coaches must also have a valid background check on that day as well.
7. GAME RESULTS: Each head coach or captain is responsible for confirming the final score and signing the correct scorecard at the conclusion of each game. Results will be posted on the second floor and the tournament director is the only person allowed to record results.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP: Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. If anyone’s actions are contrary to the high level of sportsmanship expected of all participants they will be escorted out of the facility and disqualified from the tournament. PLEASE READ THE ATTACHED CODE OF CONDUCT HANDOUT.
9. SPECTATORS: All spectators must watch the games from the balcony and only team personnel, umpires and event managers are permitted on the playing courts. Also, everyone is required to stay off all exercise equipment and weight training machines.
10. RECREATION CENTER: The Recreation Building will be very crowded with 16 teams. It is suggested that each team claim a space on level 2 and keep their field hockey gear and food stuff in one space. There will be NO BALL AND STICK ACTIVITY OUTSIDE THE GYMNASIUMS! There will be numerous trash bins throughout the facility so there should not be any garbage or trash on the floors. Please help us to keep the facility clean. Trashing the facility or damaging property is cause for disqualification from the tournament.
11. VENDORS: There will be team apparel and food and beverage for sale during the day on the upper level. Large coolers are not permitted in the facility.
12. TRAINERS: There will be a certified trainer located by the courts during the event.